Terms and Conditions of website usage
The term ‘Digital Automotive Solutions’ or ‘The Car Buying Group’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is: The Car Auction, Drovers Way, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 5PP. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- In order to access some of the services available on this website, you may need to register an account. Your registered account can be closed at any time by Digital Automotive Solutions. When an account is closed, you will no longer have access to some areas of this website.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Terms and conditions of the Car Buying Group Price Promise
We promise to pay the final price we quote providing, on inspection, the vehicle is as described by yourself and nothing has been withheld as to its condition (which may differ from the auto generated valuation after either: physical inspection or after discussions with one of our sales team). We, Digital Automotive Solutions trading as The Car Buying Group, reserve the right to decline the purchase of any vehicle at any time. Factors that may impact our pricing on collection may include, but not limited to; Additional Mechanical issues such as engine problems, gearbox problems, brake problems, bold tyres, electrical issues, problems with the keys, suspension issues (this list is not exhaustive) Additional damage to the vehicle. If The Car Buying Group do not give an option for the issue that is on your vehicle it is your responsibility to add it in the extras column or contact The Car Buying Group prior to arranging collection or drop in so that we may adjust our valuation. The Car Buying Group reserve the right to change our valuation to a guaranteed purchase price as we see fit.
We promise to beat any like for like online quote – Subject to the online car buying companies usual inspection process and for valuations made within the last 5 days, The Car Buying Group may require written confirmation of this price and confirmation of the inspection taking place. The Car Buying Group reserves the right to cancel any sale prior to collection.
Terms and conditions of 'refer a friend'
The following definitions apply:
- "TCBG" relates to Digital Automotive Solutions Limited t/a The Car Buying Group. The “Referrer” relates to the person that has recommended TCBG to their friends or colleagues.
- The “Referee” relates to the person that is selling their vehicle to TCBG following a recommendation by the “Referrer”.
- “Referral Code” relates to a unique code TCBG will issue to the “Referrer” following purchase of their vehicle.
The following terms will apply to qualify for The Car Buying Group’s Referral Scheme:
- The referral scheme entitles the “Referrer” to receive a cash incentive of £50 for each vehicle that TCBG purchases following a referral provided by the “Referrer”.
- The “Referrer” can share the “Referral Code” with their friends or colleagues who are interested in selling their vehicle to TCBG; there is no limit to the number of referrals that can be made.
- The “Referee” must inform TCBG of the referral after obtaining a valuation directly through the TCBG website; no referral fee will be paid if the vehicle is purchased via a TCBG partner scheme.
- Only 1 referral payment will be made per vehicle.
- TCBG are not committed to completing the purchase and will follow their standard valuation & purchase processes.
- The referral fee will be paid gross of tax; the “Referrer” accepts liability & agrees to pay any tax arising from receiving the referral payment.
- TCBG reserves the right to terminate or amend this scheme at any time.
- TCBG will determine the eligibility for the referral payment in each case and our decision is final.